My WordPress draft folder is a minefield of missed opportunities.
Missed Opportunity #1:
What did I mean when I created a post titled “The State of Florida Loves Me” and then wrote nothing else?
Missed Opportunity #2
I thought I had come up with a pretty good idea with this title:
Attention-grabbing, yes? I came up with that snazzy title a few days before last year’s NaBloWriMo.
And what were my fantastic ideas?
Pretty compelling, although I think I could really win if I ran on that platform given what passes for politicians these days (Mr. Speaker7 excluded).
Missed Opportunity #3
I could have joined Des on her journey toward finding fabricated marketing synergy on the latest incarnation of The Bachelorette. Instead I have a draft post filled with random notes taken during the premiere episode. I’m 98 percent sure I was a bit intoxicated when I typed these:
- People are saying words that follow the basic construct of sentences, but there is little to no meaning.
- “Does your fairytale have a happy ending?” Chris Harrison opines. Are these people unfamiliar with fairytales? They’re bloody as shit, the real ones anyway. People eating children, fathers lopping off sons’ heads.
- drilling fluid engineer is a naked coffee drinker…now I can die
- dental student states: “I’m a Renaissance man”
- wow it’s so surreal and boring and mouskatools.
- guy brings a dead bird bone
- hashtag dork
- inside, the men circle jerk
- creepy banker nicknames her Venus. I come up with a nickname “Pathetic loser” Nailed it.
- date rapist sent home early for trying to date rape Des all night
Sorry, no rose for you, gentle reader
Missed Opportunity #4
This had no title. I’m guessing I wanted to write something about lapses in judgment, but could only churn out this:
This was a lapse in judgment. This can happen some time.
For instance, someone in the employ of Huffington Post created this news banner:
Just what is “sex news” anyways? **Breaking SEX NEWS: Sir Mix-A-Lot Still Prefers Big Butts**
I think a “Sex News” post has to happen in the future.
Missed Opportunity #5
My son said this to me: “You’re sick in the mouth.”
I’m not quite sure what he meant, but I thought I could piece together a post about “Things My Son Tells Me”…but then I got sick in the mouth and abandoned it.
Missed Opportunity #6
This title came after seeing a picture of a Facebook “friend” in black face and other “friends” liking and commenting.
What drafts do you have lingering about?
Speaker7 has a couple drafts of this post, but this one turned out to be the best. Sorry. Speaker7 continues to slog through this hellish long month of November as a member of the Nano Poblano team.