Um…hi…uhhhh….so…..this is awkward.
Originally posted on The Official How To Blog:
Today’s post is brought to you by Speaker7.
Oh…um…Hi. How are things? …um…
Well…er…how ’bout that rain? It’s been like raining with water and stuff.
So…um…I’ve been asked to write about small talk so…okay…um…I’ll do that now?
1. Introduce yourself. It will give you something to talk about for two seconds. You might be tempted to make up a name to give you something else to talk about it– “Hi. I’m Casey Anthony!”–but don’t. You could possibly run into this person again, and the next bout of small talk will be even more awkward if you can’t remember what name you gave.
2. Stick to safe topics. Some suggestions:
- the room you’re in — “How ’bout this floor, huh?”
- Donald Trump’s hairpiece — “So, do you think his hair is made out of urine-soaked hamster bedding?”
3. Stay away from hot-button issues like:
View original 72 more words